In 1965 Godel Wroby joined his brother-in-law, David Burd in Eatmore Poultry Pty Ltd, a business David had purchased a few years earlier but had its beginnings in the early 1940’s. The business in those days was only focused on serving kosher food to the Melbourne Jewish community. After Godel joined the business David established another division to supply poultry to the non Jewish community leaving Godel to focus primarily on the kosher food operation which became known as Eatmore Kosher poultry.
In 1990 Godel’s son-in-law Eric Silver joined the Kosher food business in Melbourne. In the early 90’s the business model was reviewed it was decided that while the business had been successful in the past, things would need to change for the kosher food business to continue to be successful.
A plan was devised that included both re-branding and relocating the business as well as expanding its kosher food range to include meat and smallgoods, as a result, Solomon Kosher Butcher was born and a new multi-purpose location was developed in Elsternwick (near Melbourne) to satisfy the retail custom as well as the wholesale trade throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific area.
In 1997, Solomon Kosher Butcher acquired and merged Chedwa Kosher Butcher into the business, Solomon’s now produces its Kosher food in Melbourne under the supervision of the Chabad Kashrut Committee, with the Hachgocha of Rabbi C.T. Groner and Rabbi Z. H. Telsner.
Under the supervision of the Chabad Kashrut Committee, with the Hachgocha of Rabbi C.T. Groner and Rabbi Z. H. Telsner.